Al-Arqam Academy for Girls is an international school that offers a distinct quality of international education that offers international curricula, in addition to strong curricula in Arabic, Islamic education and Qatar history, originality, individuality, and keeping up with modernism and contemporary trends are all important considerations.
Established in 1996 as a private school adopting the curricula of the then Ministry of Education, as well as teaching English as a foreign language, the Al-Arqam Academy was at that time a special private school characterized by modern teaching methods and practical activities that achieve enjoyable education for students.
In 2004, in reaction to the change and to stay up to date with the reforms in education, and in conjunction with the growth of education in Qatar, the school shifted to teaching international curricula and adopting the British national curriculum to teach all subjects, as well as maintaining strong curricula in Arabic, Islamic education, Qatar history and life skills. In addition, to values and extracurricular activities serving students from kindergarten to grade 12, to achieve the vision and mission of the Academy, which is based on building an authentic generation that is connected to humanity.
The Academy has been accredited by the Cambridge Foundation as well as the Edexcel Foundation as a certified British Certification Testing Centre as well as an accredited IGCSE-AS Testing Centre. Last year, the Person Global Foundation was accredited to the primary stage as an accreditation for their own international curricula and tests.
The school is a fully recognized Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) and Edexcel Examination Centre. Last year, the Primary school was accredited by Pearson Edexcel examination center .Al Arqam Academy is under the umbrella of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education of State of Qatar and follows ministry standards in Arabic, Sharia and Arabic Humanities curricula, and has not limited itself to reduced standards specifically designed for International schools believing in the importance of teaching these subjects and their key role in building authenticity, maintaining identity and achieving Qatar's vision 2030.
Al Arqam Academy was chosen amongst few other schools to join the Educational Vouchers System adopted by the Ministry. Throughout this program, the school was able to serve more Qatari students.In addition, Al Arqam Academy in 2012 applied for the Qatar National School Accreditation (QNSA) program and was one of the few schools in 2013 to receive accreditation for a term of five years.
In 2012, Qatar's national accreditation was applied, and the Academy was one of the few schools to receive accreditation in 2013-2014 for five years. Al-Arqam Academy currently has 1,622 students from a variety of different nationalities and cultures, but most of them are Qataris, with about 80% as a total.
Al-Arqam Academy has a modern facility designed to meet the demands of contemporary education and to adhere to international school building standards in particular. It is made up of three main buildings: kindergarten, primary, and secondary, all of which are equipped with security and safety equipment and are licensed by the Ministry of Civil Defense. Teachers, managers and senior management at Al-Arqam Academy are committed to providing its students with a safe and healthy environment and to taking care of them in a climate of mutual respect.
Features of the academy's classrooms
- Classes at al-Arqam Academy are designed to provide a healthy and secured educational environment and stimulate the passion and love of students to seek learning.
-All classes are air-conditioned, well-ventilated, and illuminated, and have areas that are appropriate for the number of students. They are furnished with high-quality furniture imported from Turkey, with specifications that are appropriate for the sizes of each age group, as well as attractive colors that provide multiple delights.
- Each class also has an interative whiteboard coonected to a strong Internet network to meet modern educational needs and has been strengthened to meet the needs of distance learning, whichhas been met by the requirements of the Corona pandemic for two full years. In addition to the availability of regular whiteboards and boardboards, i.e. signs, the work of the students and leaflets is displayed on a continuous basis throughout the year.
- The Academy always seeks to provide the classes with modern educational means required to complete the course of the educational process with all available possibilities and varied means. Therefore, the primary stage has 180 electronic devices for in-class borrowing and this help students to search for information and exploring, as well as training in programs that contribute to innovation. Also, in the secondary school, there are several means, including the provision of 28 laptops that students use within the library lessons. In addition to other sources that enrich the lessons, as there is in each class a colorful carpet and a corner to read stories and educational and recreational games suitable for each age stage.
-Classes in kindergarten and primary schools are separated into stations of learning in a variety of methods that adhere to the growth of the educational process. A corner dedicated to reading stories and another for writing, research and other activities. These stations provide a diverse range of teaching techniques that help the school achieve its objective of delivering a pleasant and beneficial education for students.
- The primary classes (from first to third grade) are characterized by shelves dedicated to students within the classes to put their stationery inside. In their turn, teachers do their part in encouraging the students to clean and arrange their classes and shelves by holding competitions (the so-called ideal class competition).
- Regarding year four to year six, preparatory and secondary classes, the characteristics vary where there are special lockers for each student to save her belongings. Each student is handed a key to her assigned locker with a pledge to be returned at the end of the school year, which instills the spirit of responsibility and a sense of privacy.
The Academy’s Student Community
The student community at al-Arqam Academy includes students from kindergarten to grade 12, distributed to the three stages: kindergarten, primary, preparatory and secondary schools. The total number of students in al-Arqam Academy is about 1,519 students distributed as follows: 730 elementary students, about 254 kindergarten students and 535 in high school.
Cultures and nationalities of students
Students from Al-Arqam Academy represent a great diversity in terms of different cultures and nationalities, with classes comprising students from Qatar who represent the vast majority(80%). Our classes also contain students of nationalities and countries from all over the world, with different cultures and customs.
This diversity in nationalities and cultures, contributes significantly to enriching the school community. It encourages students to benefit and learn from each other and identify and learn about the strengths of their colleagues. It also enables them to build strong and positive relationships between each other.
Grasping and understanding the vision and mission of the Academy develops the spirit of cooperation and harmony between the students. This helps creates an atmosphere of positivity that makes all female students share in one framework and race to actively participate in the application of the basic and general principles underlying the general culture of the Academy.