Thank you once again for your support through this most unprecedented and challenging time. You must be aware from recent announcements by Ministry of Education that schools will be re-opening to all pupils in September 2020.
We are required to continue to address health and safety concerns and reduce risks for children and staff. In this respect, we have put the following precautions into place:
KG Students are divided into 2 groups for each class (Group A – Group B), parents will be informed about their daughters’ groups via Engage and WhatsApp messageThe arrangement for the students to attend school is as follows:
- Each class in the Primary section of Al Arqam Academy will be divided into two groups (Group A (Blue), Group B (Yellow)).
- Students in the Blue Group will attend school on Sunday and Monday of every week. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday the Blue Group students will stay at home and complete distance learning.
- Students in the Yellow Group will attend school on Wednesday and Thursday of every week. On Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, the Yellow Group students will stay at home and complete distance learning.
- You will be informed about your child’s Group (Blue/Yellow) via Engage as well as Class dojo.
- Secondary Students are divided into 2 groups for each class (Group A – Group B), You will be informed about your daughter’s group via Engage.
- Students in (Group A) will attend school on Sunday and Monday of every week. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (Group A) students will stay at home and complete distance learning.
- Students in (Group B) will attend school on Wednesday and Thursday of every week. On Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, Group B) students will stay at home and complete distance learning.
- Children will be allocated to a group (“bubble”). They will be with their class/ team and will share outside play areas with classes in their “bubble”.
- There will be no assemblies, social gatherings, trips or after school sessions.
- Masks are not compulsory for students (KG and primary students only); however, they must bring sanitizers and wet wipes to clean the surface around them. Students may also wear face shields. All staff will wear face masks, to keep themselves and the children they are working with safe.
- Masks are compulsory for all secondary students.
- In Primary: The corridor and staircase will have a one-way system and social distancing measures will be in place.
- Classrooms will be sanitized regularly.
- Children will be supported to regularly sanitize/wash their hands throughout the day e.g. on arrival, pre mealtimes etc. Children must change their clothes each day.
Dropping off your child:
- KG Department: Parents /Guardians should drop their child/ren at gate 5 & 6 where her/ their temperature will be checked before getting inside the building. Parents will not be allowed to enter the building so one of our staff members will accompany the student to her class.
- Parents and children are preferred to keep safe distance while queueing by the gate.
- In order to keep the number of people within school to a minimum, all parents must drop their child/ren at gate number 4. Parents can accompany them until the building entrance where a member of staff will direct them to their classroom. Parents will not be permitted to enter the classrooms or corridor areas. In order to assist the children, members of staff will be on hand to walk them to their classrooms.
- The taking of individual temperatures and sanitizing of hands on arrival will increase waiting times. We would request you to be patient as we are doing this to reduce the risks for your children and staff.
- Parents are required to keep themselves\/es and their child 2 metres apart from others when queueing and use the line markings as a measure.
Collecting your child:
- We have provided card scanners for respective classes at different places to avoid overcrowding:
- Parents should scan the card at the specific areas and wait for their child to come out. Parents are not allowed inside the building.
- Parents are not permitted to enter the building, unless collecting their child who is presenting with symptoms, or for a pre-arranged meeting. Measures will be put into place in these instances. Where possible, we ask that you contact us by phone or email.
- Parents who have children in more one school must collect each child from respective gate, students are not allowed to move between gates.
- Children on transport will be seated apart to ensure social distancing.
- There will be sanitizers in the bus for the students to use.
- School has additional measures in place to reduce risks and follow government guidance.
Transition and In-School transitions
For all pupils, we will be implementing a ‘recovery curriculum' and wellbeing session for pupils to support their transition back into School
Clinically Vulnerable children
It is likely most children will return. However, there may be children who are advised by Ministry of Health to continue to shield in September 2020, for these children we will continue to provide home learning, provided a medical certificate is submitted from the Health Center. However, tests must be taken inside the school building.
Meetings and Family Support/Communication
- To reduce risks of transmission, we will conduct virtual meetings during this time.
- Hotline numbers will be sent to parents.
- Visits to school must be of the utmost necessity and by prior appointment. Masks should be worn and Ehteraz must be presented.
If you have any further questions or inquiries, please call the following hotline numbers: