- Primary School Day Timing: 7:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Monday timings for all students: 7:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Key Stage 1 Lesson Timings
If any student is unable to attend school on the day of an exam or test the teacher will have to have a medical excuse that will be given to the school nurse or the student affairs person on the first day of attending school after the absence. After that the student will be allowed to take the exam after the permision of the coordinator who will arrange with the Head of Academics for the exam to be taken in a timely manner.
Punctuality and Attendance
Students may be absent from school for illness and emergency reasons only. Parents or Guardians must explain absenteeism, in writing in emergency cases on the day of the students return; otherwise they need a pre approval from the Head of the school for the planned absences. Students must enquire from their teachers what work has been missed while being absent, and are then responsible for catching up that work.
- School attendance is compulsory.
- Students will attend school from the first until the last school day of each term.
- In case of illness, an official doctor’s certificate will be required for approval of the absence.
- On the first day of the child’s return after a period of absence from school, a signed letter stating the reason for having being absent is required from the parent or guardian.
- Students who are absent with administrative approval are given additional time to complete missed work and prepare for any exams or assessments.
- Students who are absent without administrative approval are expected to submit all work upon returning to school.
- More than 6 days of absence in a term will lead to a meeting with the parents to sign a pledge of ensuring that student will not be absent from the school.
- Students who are absent for more than 18 days in the school year will not be promoted to the next year group.
- Students who are absent for more than 18 days of the school year with administrative approval will have to sit for a diagnostic exam to demonstrate their ability to progress to the next year group. Students who do not pass this exam will not be offered a place in the next year group and will repeat the previous year
- It is expected that as much as possible all appointments such as doctor, dental or other will be booked after school hours or during school holidays.
- School gates open at 6:15 a.m. and morning duty starts at 6:30 a.m. Students may not be left unattended for any reason. The school does not accept responsibility for students until the morning duty session begins.
- The official school day starts at 7:00 a.m. and all students must be in school before that time or they are considered late.
Primary School and Lesson Timings
All school gates close at 7:15 and students arriving after this time will not be admitted to school unless the parent or guardian contacts the school directly on the mobile message number provided (33442650).
- Students who arrive late to school will not be admitted to class until the beginning of the next lesson. This is not as a punishment for the student, the purpose is to allow the students who are in class to attend their lessons without disruption of students coming in late.
- The student will get a verbal warning in case of three consecutive lateness during a week to the school, Repeated lateness for another 3 times in the same month will get a written warning. If it happens repeatedly during the term, the parents are called in and they will have to sign a pledge ensuring that the student will reach the school on time as above 20% of lateness in a term will affect the student’s grades and seat for next year.
- School ends at 1:30 for Primary students. Please allow children time to gather their belongings and arrive in the duty areas before collecting them. Parents are not allowed to go directly to the classrooms and should wait in the designated areas.
- Students should be picked up from school before 2:00 p.m. After school supervision is provided until 2:30 p.m. There is no supervision for students who remain in school after 2:30 p.m. and the school does not accept responsibility for students left at school later than that time. In cases of emergency send a message to the school emergency message number (33442650) so that supervision can be arranged for her.